Thursday, September 18, 2008

Euroflax Lacey Stole/Prayer Shawl

I know it has been a long time since I posted in here but that does not mean I'm not knitting or working on projects. I've been working on this beautiful and easy to knit Lacey Stole shawl which is a feather and fan pattern repeat. It is made with Louet Euroflax pure linen yarn and is machine washable and dryable. The shawl is supposed to get softer each time it gets washed because the washing enhances the look and feel of this yarn. After the knitting part is finished, I'll need to crochet the edge in a reverse crochet stitch. I love the way it looks but it will take a long time to finish!

It is my prayer shawl, too, and I use my knitting time to pray. Three of the rows are easy so I can pray as I knit. When I knit the "hard" row that requires concentration, I just sit and listen for the "still small voice of God." So, every morning I knit four rows during my quiet time.

I hope to post more of my projects that I am working on soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Lovely prayer stole! How perfect
for your quiet time! Be still and
know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
I am still working on the "be still"
part!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger magnoliasntea said...

Hi Laurie!
I love your lacey shawl!
The pattern is gorgeous.
Hope you can join in the sit n knit at the library soon.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Cindy G said...

Beautiful shawl - and I like the thought of quietly waiting for illumination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home