Saturday, November 11, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf


I've started another scarf. I got the inspiration from another knitter who visited my blog. I've never done a "cable" stitch and thought this would be a good way to try it. It is really turning out nicely. I'm using size 8 needles and leftover yarn. I don't know what yarn I'm using but I will find out when I go to The Knitting Nest next week. Antje keeps track of all my purchases on her computer and will be able to tell me which one it is. You can find the pattern here.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Irish Hiking Scarf looks great in red! I wish now that I had started mine in any color but
cream! boring! The red color is so Christmas like and cheerful! Yesterday I realized all my
great plans of Christmas knitted gifts were running out of time, so I decided everyone
will get hand-knit dishcloths ! (much more realistic to finish!)
A tidbit of history about the pattern-
I contacted Adrian about her scarf pattern, and she wrote back that-
"I was just back from Ireland, and had fond memories of hiking around in the cold and rain."
That is where she got the idea to write up the scarf pattern.
I am knitting the cream colored version for my brother who visited Ireland.

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home