Friday, September 22, 2006

My Favorite Shawl




This is my favorite shawl and I wear it all the time to keep my shoulders warm, especially in air-conditioned places. It goes everywhere with me. It is knitted with Berroco Suede yarn and was made in April 2005. The pattern is called Oakley and came from Berroco Scarves & More, #225 and features the shawl on the front cover. Used 5 balls of Berroco Suede Shade #3727 (Dale Evans). I increased the needle size to #11 instead of the #10 that it called for in the pattern for a more open weave look. The pattern is easy! Just start with two stitches and knit, increasing a stitch at the end of each row. I used a front & back increase (in the same stitch) at the end of each row. I added the fringe, which is 7 inches in length (cut in 14 inch lengths and doubled), as I knitted along.

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger SooZ said...

YAYYY, You are now blogging your knits. What a gorgeous shawl. I've linked you to mine.
Hugs.
Suzie

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

And I linked you to mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home